The Flexible and Interactive Tradeoff (FITradeoff), is a multicriteria method proposed for eliciting scaling constants or weights of criteria. The FITradeoff method uses partial information about decision maker (DM) preferences for choice and ranking problematics, according to an additive model in MAVT (Multi-Attribute Value Theory) scope.
This method uses the concept of flexible elicitation for improving the applicability of the traditional tradeoff elicitation procedure. FITradeoff offers two main benefits: the information required from the DM is reduced and the DM does not have to make adjustments for the indifference between two consequences (tradeoff), which is a critical issue on the traditional tradeoff procedure. It is easier for the DM to make comparisons of consequences (or outcomes) based on strict preference rather than on indifference.
The FITradeoff method has the following variants:
- FITradeoff for choice problematic (de Almeida et al., 2016; de Almeida et al., 2021): available online at www.cdsid.org.br/fitradeoff
- FITradeoff for ranking problematic (Frej et al., 2019; de Almeida et al., 2021): available online at www.cdsid.org.br/fitradeoff
- FITradeoff for sorting problematic (Kang et al., 2020): download on request.
- FITradeoff for portfolio problematic (Frej et al., 2021): download on request.
FITradeoff was originally developed by de Almeida et al. (2016). This publication was viewed or downloaded from more than 60 countries using the ScienceDirect platform: Brazil; China; United States; United Kingdom; Netherlands; Turkey; India; France; Australia; Iran; Poland; Portugal; Taiwan; Indonesia; Finland; Germany; Hong Kong; Italy; Spain; Japan; Greece; South Korea; Switzerland; Canada; Belgium; Colombia; New Zealand; Tunisia; Saudi Arabia; Mexico; Serbia; Thailand; Malaysia; Sweden; Austria; South Africa; Argentina; Slovenia; Oman; Singapore; Lithuania; Slovakia; Russia; Ireland; Pakistan; Israel; Chile; Denmark; Nigeria; Romania; Bulgaria; Zambia; Philippines; Bahrain; Iceland; Czech Republic; Ethiopia; Egypt; Peru; Morocco.
Last updated on October 30, 2021. Source: Mendeley
- de Almeida, A.T., Frej, E.A. & Roselli, L.R.P. Combining holistic and decomposition paradigms in preference modeling with the flexibility of FITradeoff. Cent Eur J Oper Res 29, 7–47 (2021).
- Frej, E. A., Ekel, P., & de Almeida, A. T. (2021) A benefit-to-cost ratio based approach for portfolio selection under multiple criteria with incomplete preference information. Information Sciences, 545, 487-498.
- Kang, T. H. A., Frej, E. A., & de Almeida, A. T. (2020). Flexible and Interactive Tradeoff Elicitation for Multicriteria Sorting Problems. Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research, 37(05), 2050020.
- Frej, Eduarda Asfora ; de Almeida, Adiel Teixeira ; COSTA, Ana Paula Cabral Seixas . Using data visualization for ranking alternatives with partial information and interactive tradeoff elicitation. Operational Research, v. 19, p. 1-22, 2019
- de Almeida, A. T.; de Almeida, J. A. ; COSTA, A. P. C. S. ; de Almeida-Filho, A. T. “A New Method for Elicitation of Criteria Weights in Additive Models: Flexible and Interactive Tradeoff”, European Journal of Operational Research, v. 250, p. 179-191, 2016.